This site is dedicated to the art of sushi and how it can be perfected in your very own home kitchen. It is my goal to arm you with the basics of sushi making so that you can create your own style of sushi rather than presenting sushi creations to be mimicked precisely. In keeping with the age old tradition of using what is very fresh and what is regional, I hope to inspire you to open your mind and your palate, experimenting with items from your region.
~ Marisa Baggett
Sushi Secrets: Easy Recipes for the Home Cook
In Sushi Secrets, I share with you both traditional and nontraditional sushi, all of them delicious and all of them very easy to make. There are surefire recipes for making perfect sushi rice, tips on how to find and buy the freshest seafood and sustainability and how to achieve it at home. With my background as a pastry chef, I include a dessert chapter that will make your mouth water! With this book you’ll be ready to prepare a host of sushi and sashimi recipes. Learn loads of hints on how to slash otherwise lengthy prep times. From the traditional favorites to new and unique combinations, Sushi Secrets will have you rolling delicious sushi like a pro in no time at all.
- Hardcover with dust jacket, 168 pages
- Techniques and tips for making perfect sushi
- Recipes for condiments, sauces, appetizers, sashimi, sushi, dessert, and cocktails
- 180 photos, many of them step-by-step
Praise for Sushi Secrets:
- “Baggett is, without a doubt, one of the sharpest spearheads of the sustainable sushi movement. She has a keen culinary talent that is only strengthened by her gentle footprint and benevolent ethos. This book will make the world a better place.” - Casson Trenor, author of Sustainable Sushi, SustainableSushi.net, and founder of Tataki Sushi Bar (the world’s first sustainable sushi restaurant)
- “Sushi will continue to evolve, and its future no doubt lies down many different paths. Marisa is a pioneer forging one of those paths, and doing so with grace, respect, and enviable skill. Absorb what she teaches, practice and enjoy it, and you will be joining her unique journey – not to mention eating very well along the way.” - from the foreword by Trevor Corson, author of The Story of Sushi: An Unlikely Saga of Raw Fish and Rice
- “Marisa embodies so many things I love: a passion for sustainable seafood, devotion to her craft, and a willingness to make her own way and to buck tradition. She’s a true American original. Itadaki masu, y’all!” – Jacqueline Church, writer, speaker, trainer and founder of Teach a Chef to Fish sustainable seafood workshops
- “Marisa takes my all-time favorite food – sushi – and makes it doable at home. Don’t be scared; she’s going to walk you through each step. Adding her own inventive twists, Marisa’s sushi recipes are everything that food should be – beautiful, delicious, and fun.” Melissa Petersen, editor and publisher of Edible Memphis Magazine